can you please remove the post delay time...

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by proenterprises, Jan 8, 2004.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

chuck, jodi, sean....

can you please remove the restriction that you need to wait 90 seconds between posting replies. i often find myself having to go back and forth when I am trying to cram lawnsite in 10 mins when i am on my break and have to waste time with that delay.

thanks so much
    austin

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I second that. I understand the reasoning behind it but 90 seconds is overkill. Cut it back a little......:)

3. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

This sure can be done, but I disagree. The 90 seconds delay was implemented as a measure to stop duplicate posts, which were becoming a problem a few months ago, and has worked fine since then.

What kind of delay are you looking for?

Pierre-Luc

4. Avery

I Mod. on a motorcycle board. We implemented the delay to reduce spamming. Ours is set at 60 seconds and is working so far. We are considering moving it back to 30 seconds. 90 is a little much IMO.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

25 secs for my flight sim forums. Works OK.

6. LSAdmin

I'll try reducing it to 60 seconds and see how it goes. If duplicate posts are back, I'll bring the delay back to 90 seconds.

Hope this helps,

Pierre-Luc

7. proenterprises

P-
    how about 30 seconds...if their is a delay of any sort-their will be no duplicate posts-am i correct-i think tha 30 is reasonable.

8. Avery

Easy fix for a mod. Just delete the duplicate post! :D

9. LSAdmin

I prefer to leave it at 60 seconds for now and see how it goes.

Note that the delay between posts has another feature than just preventing duplicate posts; it also makes sure that someone does not make 50 very short replies such as "ditto" (which do not necessarily bring much to the subject) in a short time. As such, bringing it down to a lower value might not help the quality of the posts here.

60 seconds should be correct anyway, I think.

Pierre-Luc

10. proenterprises

Thank yoy PL-I have already noticed that the 30 seconds that i dont have to wait between relpies is working just fine. It is not a little easier to get the max lawnsite in the min. time.

Thank You.