1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

can you please remove the post delay time...

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by proenterprises, Jan 8, 2004.

1. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Yea, but when you have as many as 1,000 posts in a day... deleting or pruning out the dups can be a task in itself.

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Must be a lot of duplicates here! The motorcycle board I Mod. on has over 15000 members and way more posts a day than here. We do not get that many duplicates even when there was not a post delay. And the ones we do get only take a few seconds to delete. ;)

Whatever works for you though. Thanks for reducing it to 60 secs. Makes life much easier!

3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

On a normal basis.. we don't... but when there is a system or server hiccup it causes for big headaches. ( it has happened once that I can remember, a few months back)

Are you talking about CycleForums? Sport Bikes seem to be a very popular topic on the Internet... sportbikes.net is another good one... larger board stats but falling behind cycleforums ... cycleforums is much more popular.

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep. Cycleforums. We are just over a year old and already one of the largest motorcycle sites on the net. Are you a member over there? My user name is Avery there also. If you are not a member already stop in and say "Hi".

5. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

I have just 'lurked' .... If I get a extra minute I will register and say "what's up". :)