1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Can you plow with a Duramax?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GraZZmaZter, Dec 21, 2002.

1. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

A buddy of mine said that you cant use a 2500HD with a Duramax to plow with! I am 99% sure ive read on here that you can use them. Can anyone send me a pic of a Chevy Duramax with a plow setup on it to show my friend?

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Should seek professional help.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Your friend is dead wrong. you can plow with a duramax. Heres a pic of my 2002 2500HD Duramax with a 8ft fisher.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually ya'll are wrong. If you plow with any truck that has a Duramax you will be shipped off to Cuba and put in prison with those terrorists from Afghanistan. Heck I see guys around here with 10 year old S-10's plowing.

5. GraZZmaZter

Thank you for the replies guys. I will print this out and show my buddy he is wrong. Thanks again!

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no doubt you could hang a plow on one. Almost any thing can be done with a welder and torch.

How ever it will all work better if the front grill reads like this

ford oval.jpg

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

you can add almost anything you want to any truck. I was told by a dealer who is a friend of mine that chevy does not recommend it b/c of the weight of the diesel engine. That is tyhe only thing that stops it.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

It still doesnt matter, because putting a plow on a duramax doesnt void the warranty. There are a ton out there, and chevy stands behind it.

9. GraZZmaZter

mdb

Thanks for the pic. I am definately leaning toward your opinion of the plows on these trucks. Even my dad, into his 31st year with General Motors said its ok to put a plow on those trucks. My plan is to get a dumper with a V-plow on it, and a Duramx under the hood to power it all. I have an 84" with a 6.2 liter Diesel in it, and this truck is POWERFUL! For as old as it is, it could hang with a new truck in the power department any day. I think im a Diesel addict now! LOL!

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE