"Can you pushmow my lawn?!?"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KS_Grasscutter, Aug 8, 2006.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Do you guys ever get customers requesting you to pushmow instead of use your ZTRs or large Walkbehinds? I have a customer (across the street neighbor too...) that is haveing a party and wants me to pushmow it. This REALLY makes me mad, because my new ZTR cuts as nice as the 21'', but withouth the goofy lines everywhere LOL. I do a good job with the ztr, so its not like there are divots anywhere, or tracks from running the same way twice in a row. I guess he just thinks it looks nicer with the tire tracks every 21" :hammerhead: . Is charging extra out of line for this?

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Normally I have a price to cut it with my WB. If they want it done with the push mower, I usually add at least $15.00 to the price because it takes longer. JMO

3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

"Mr. Customer, I would be happy to pushmow your property. This will however substantially increase the time that I spend at your property and because of that the price will be $XX."

Usually at this point, they agree with you that it looks pretty good using the ZTR. If they don't, then pushmow it and make sure that you charge enough.

4. KS_Grasscutter

I might just have to do that, but I really dont think he would go for it...seeing as how it is right across the street and all, but it still takes extra time. I think he just wants the front done with the 21'', so it wont be quite as bad.

5. KS_Grasscutter

I guess i will give that a try!

6. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'll cut it with fingernail clippers and a ruler if theyr'e willing to pay for it.

If you have more costs incurred to do a job; change the price.
    You can change the price just as easily as the customer changed the jobpayup

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sure we have been asked, price it to make a profit,if you don't cut it someone will.

8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

My smallest mower is a hydro 36, you want push mow, wait till little Johnny can do it. Oh wait, little Johnny has soccer and then golf lessons, and then he wants to play video games. Cut it like the pro you are!

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I picked up a account last week to be push mowed,we would be suprised how much grass you can cut with a pw if you work and the expenise is cheaper.

10. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

charge them extra Time is Money