Can you refer someone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, May 8, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

So here's the story. I have a customer who asked about aeration. Now, i don't have an aerator so i called a few landscapers in my area so they could do it. (i've never been asked about it, nor have i asked others about it) I could easily go and rent one, and do it, but i don't have the time, nor have i ever used one. Whe're all cool with eachother, (some more than others) so i can't see why no one can return phone calls. I've called 3 of them. They all took down my info and 1 actually got back to me with a price. i called that guy back 2 days later and said go ahead and do it, just let me know when your going to show up so i can tell the owner to bring the dogs in. Sounds easy right? WRONG. Its been 3 weeks, phone call after phone call (called 2x, refuse to call anymore) and no one ever gets back. They did talk about picking up the money before the job, which i was completely fine with. My point is, when somoene asks now to refer someone for work i dont do (sod, large seeding jobs, shrub install, landscaping) i have NO ONE that i would feel comfortable reffering. Can you refer someone? No i can't because they all suck. sorry. WHY? People don't like money? At least return the phone call! I make it a point to allways return the phone calls within an hour, and allways pick up the phone when it rings (7days a week)

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

How about where you show up to do the work you did agree on and...
    It's already done...

3. Maybe they assumed the aeration would be done in the fall.

But I'll agree it's difficult to find someone you're comfortable referring customers to.

I've actually redone work for free for a customer that I'd hired someone else to do.

4. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Thats definitely not it. I called twice and asked when they could do it.