Can you restore gas/diesel?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Stonewall, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

2. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I've never used the stuff, and don't really know but it sounds a little too good to be true to me. Don't see how anything could reverse the effects of fuel oxidizing.

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

There are approximately 300 gasoline-degrading bacteria called Pseudomonas know to date. They eat gasoline and other hydrocarbons. That is why rotten gas smells rotten it really is. That is why smells like poop because it really is bacteria poop. They turn your gas tank in to a port-a-potty. Saying you can take some "magic stuff" and put it in dead rotten gas and bring it back to life is like saying you can eat a cheeseburger and when you poop it out you can put some "magic stuff" on it and "poof" it is a cheeseburger again. I do not think so. And the oxidizers they put in fuel now days only speeds up feeding frizzy in your gas tank that is one reason gas years ago lasted longer than the gas now days. I think the stuff you asked about is nothing but a scam.

4. K&M Lawn Care

K&M Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I didn't know that, but I always wondered if the bacteria that they developed to eat oil spills might be somehow involved in gasoline degrading.