Can you smell it yet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Mar 3, 2003.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Around here things are starting to begin to green up. Just noticed a few patches here and there around town. Temps are suposed to be in the mid 50's starting in the next week or so.

As long as we don't get any mid March snows this year I should be mowing the last week of March.

Better start gearing up, won't be long before I'll be counting the days until November so I can take a breather.

Just wanted to wish everyone a better year than last.

2. NO NO NO NO not yet.

One more snow event and I can pay cash for a loaded out truck with plow spreader and central hydraulics.

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Why better than last? I really want another severe drought. Call me crazy, but i have my reasons. :)

4. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Smell it i was cutting last week between the rain.

5. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I've already smelled the green weeks ago. And been doing lots of clean-ups weeks ago... We have gotten some rain this past week, Hope it clears for Bike Week in Daytona.. Hope you all in the Northern or may I say the snow area's the best of luck for getting started this season.....

Lou

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't mind one more snow between now and the 15th of March:) Then it can warm right up and be 60 degrees and sunny!

7. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Phone has started ringing this past weekend which is a sure tell sign spring is near. Been in the hibernation mode for 3 months. I'll be in for a rude awakening, but I'm ready. Bring it on!!!!

8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Still got snow on the ground...:( :mad:

9. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Fraid it's gonna be a while yet..
    BobR

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Calling for a couple inches of snow here tonight. We'll see. No green-up in the near future for us. Cold yet.