1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

can you smell trouble?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 17, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i got a new customer the other day. she was a lovely young lady, very attractive, wanted me to "start today, and bill me." i'm like, "ummm, NO!!!!" we need to discuss what, where, and how much. we sat, we talked, she started in about how her yard was beautiful, till this year. a lie, easily identified, the type of weeds that are infesting her yard are not the ones that invade a well maintained property overnight. broadleafs the size of rabbits ears, violets, to mention a few. she stated, "we are strict christians, and would never cheat anyone." that threw up the red flag even higher. i pulled out the contract, made her sign before i would even weed wack. she was hesitant, but signed. i smell a rat, a big, big rat. can you guys sniff out a deadbeat ?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

"i only want it mowed every 2-3 weeks" but sir, your yard needs to be cut everyweek with the amount of sun it gets, not to mention the fact that you just put down about 5x the recommended rate of fertilizer. then the phone calls. "how come my lawn looks like a mowed hayfield?"
  3. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

so true
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

You will have no problem with this account if you treat it with professionalism.
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Congratulations. According to your intuition, you just signed up a deadbeat customer. :D
    dvm, about your comment... Bobby may have a problem there.. :laugh:

Just kidding Bob. ;)
  6. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

I never had this problem. Must be the clients in the area you service.

or it could be you.....

What are the chances?
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

the chances are, gee vee, that you suck
  9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Once again Booby, that is some funny azz sh!t.......LOL
  10. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

How come all the wacked out things happen in Jersey?