1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can you suggest a product for this??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HandyHomeMedic, Jul 15, 2008.

1. HandyHomeMedic

HandyHomeMedic LawnSite Member

Hey guys can you help me choose a product to eradicate this mess. This customer will be putting in a PVC fence inside the existing chain-link fence line. They don't want this crap crawling over their fence. I was thinking of going in and hacking this stuff away but wanted to lay down some sort of herbicide to keep it back. Can you suggest a product or a method that will be effective?

Your feedback please.

2. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

I would use a product called Crossbo. You can get it a a local Co-op. About $65.00 per gal. Use 3 0z per gal of water. It will work.
  3. HandyHomeMedic

Thank you. I'll look that up.

4. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Caution danger warning
    If that is the neighbors fence you had better get it cleared with them first. You may be liable for what you kill or least that is the direction it could go

Ask the customer if there are neighborhood rules that govern something like this, you may have to have a access area of some sort so that the neighbor can get to both sides of their fence.

Personally I would not buy the chem and use electric hedge trimmers to get it back to their side, I don't think they will have much luck keeping that mess from climbing back
  5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Good point about dealing with anything on a property line. Our State the law is you can cut any thing on your property and your property extends to the sky. I have seen Beautiful Live Oaks butchered right at the property line.

Maybe more important than a Law suit is getting along with the neighbor. I learned a lesson years ago about a fence I thought was mine. turned out it was 20 ft over on the neighbors. Lucky for me I had great neighbors who forgave my foolish deeds. As a businessman you don't want to get the Customer's Neighbor mad at you either. That kills any chance of doing business with them or any of their friends.

It is kind of hard to tell you what to use on a Plant called "THIS" when we are not familiar with the "THIS" plant. I tried to Google the "THIS" plant and came up empty. Believe it or not, There are chemicals on the market that can slow growth down on one side of the plant only, if applied properly.
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I think you're probably right. But like Ric said -- it's tough to tell (from the pic) what the target pest is. Crossbow (woody plant killer) is excellent, and it won't harm turf. More detailed info is needed.

7. HandyHomeMedic

Everyone please hold on! Something has gone wrong with the post. I initially had pictures there, not just the word "this." I haven't changed anything but I no longer see the pics.

I should have mentioned that there is no neighbor behind the fence. It's township property just chock full of weeds, plants, small trees, ivy etc...

Thank you for all your replies.
  8. HandyHomeMedic

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Home Medic

I was being a wiseass because you didn't name the plant and we couldn't tell from the picture that is still visible.
  10. HandyHomeMedic

I know. It just got very confusing for me as the pics disappeared then re-appeared after I posted them again. I'll do a better job in the future. Thanks anyway.