Can you tell me anything about repairs done on a particular mower?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Keith, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

My Lazer is serial # 393788 . I have never received any kind of paperwork documenting what has been done to date with the mower from the two dealers involved. They have, of course, told me what they have done, but I have nothing documenting it. After a total of 21 days in two shops the code 34 is back :(

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Keith,

Sorry to hear the problem is back.

I'll let our tech guys know that your machine is having trouble again. Is the engine acting up or is it just flashing a code 34?

All of the engine repair information would have gone into the Kohler warranty database rather than ours since they are the technical experts on the Kohler engines.

One of us should be contacting you or your dealer today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Terry

3. Keith

Remember, this is dealer number 2, Commercial in Kissimmee, Florida, where it was taken last time. Not the dealer where it was purchased from. Which I guess you know already. It acted really screwy Saturday after I picked it up, worked ok after that and when I used it briefly on Sunday. I can't say it's as bad as it was, but I have only about 2 hours clock time on it since I got it back. I tried to describe it in the Commercial Lawn forum here on lawnsite (the thread 'MARYLANDMOWER' started). The best way I can describe it, it sounded like a WWII fighter plane when they first fire off. It sounded like that for the duration on a small lawn, then about the first 4 minutes or so on the second lawn. I can't tell if maybe this is just an amplified version of what it was doing before, since they took the spark arrestor off, or what.

4. Keith

The mower ran near perfect this afternoon on a heavy St. Augustine lawn. The code 34 mysteriously dissappeared. We'll see what it does in the next few days.

5. Keith

The mower is dead now. It has no power whatsoever and sounds like it is coming apart.

I am posting this from a friends computer since mine got take out during a storm the other day, but I will provide more info when I get a replacement computer next week.

6. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor