Can You Top This Bad Day

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Georgiehopper, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

This month has been something else for me. In fact these past two weeks have been the worst ever.

<li> Fired my subcontractor for stealing work from us and soliciting my customers. Now I'm scramblling to get the work done.

<li> got called back a zillion times because of torrential rainstorms. One person's gutters were clogged so the water was cascading off of their roof and into the planting beds....and flooded out the plants. Now the customer wants me to replace the plants.

<li> The cops were called on us for disturbing the peace and trespassing in a town house community where we had permission to work.

<li> Over the weekend someone robbed us. Stole equipment out of the truck and walked off with our hitch.

<li> After replacing the hitch, we were dumping a load of of the doors swung open and became wedged..then the trailer hitch got caught and snapped right at the bolts. We now have a busted hitch and a bent door..the truck is only 3 months old.

<li> I looked in the mirror today and saw this mole on my face, that has decided to now I have to go to the doctor...and of course I'm worried about cancer.

...and this is only Wednesday.
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Good Luck man

Stand tall. It will work out in the end
  3. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think anyone could top that - or would want to ....Hang in there!!!
  4. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Applicable cliches:
    Welcome to my life!
    If it ain't one thing, its another!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger!
    And my favorite:

Pain is temporary, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!!

5. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

read my sig.
  6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

lost dog: 3 legs, 1 eye, deaff in 1 ear... answers to "lucky":)
  7. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

And heres what happened this morning:

The new subcontractor left a customer's patio table outside of her fence overnight while he was installing a new patio. Someone walked off with her table and his tools.

Then someone decided it would be fun to bend my new truck's antennae in half. :confused: :dizzy: :rolleyes:
  8. Darwin

Darwin LawnSite Member

Yeah, I can.

I was out in Jersey today and got stuck in an elevator with a fellow named Bob. I'm not kidding the elevator just stopped moving.

It was only 15 minutes............but the stories he made be beg for death.

Just kiddin Bobby.
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

WAS THAT YOU? you are damn lucky i didnt call the cops on you for touching me there. im so glad that elevator started moving, and even happier the lights came back on.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

good one 4 ya put 4 new tires on trailer 20 minuets later putting on 2 more new ones spike in road? hang in there