Can you use Hydro seed sprayers for chem. sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by griffithtlc, Jan 18, 2004.

1. griffithtlc

griffithtlc LawnSite Member

We are entering our 2nd full season of lawn care next summer, and we are going to get into spraying. We are looking for a 300 gallon or so to fit in the bed of an old pickup. Hydro seeding sounds like you could make some serious $$$$. As long as we are making the investment, can you use a hydro seed sprayer (like one from turbo technologies) as a weed control sprayer? It would be nice if we can combine them by just switching nozzles or something.

Also, anybody from central MN have any experience with sprayer dealers around here?

Thanks,

2. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Buy mine!

This is a solid, repainted Texas truck with a 7.3 Diesel @124K miles.

First $4500 takes it.

BTW mixing herbicides in a hydroseeder is a prescription for disaster. Dedicate equipment to each task. You'll save money and your reputation avoiding the ensuing mess.

f450.jpg

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

I agree with Turf, if you can avoid mixing tank your better off. The main thing to keep in mind is your GPM the Hydro seeder will put out. I'm not sure you can dial it down low enough for turf application. It would be like watering flowers with a fire truck.