Can you use weed and feed and over seed at the same time?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Torino, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Torino

Torino LawnSite Member

Can you use weed and feed and over seed at the same time?
  2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

No. Spray your weeds, it's more effective then seed about two weeks later.
  3. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Read the forkin label and get a certification for pesticides.

Don't help these guys. If it's for "his own" house. let them post in the home owner's forum, enough of helping guys who aren't legal already.
  4. Torino

Torino LawnSite Member

Look Whitey if I am in the wrong forum you can tell me you don't have to jump on someone for helping me.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Please excuse and forgive him. we have just had some things going on lately with alot of guys coming on deciding they want to dabble in illegally spreading poisons as a part time supplemental income or a it is the equivalent to going out and cutting a few lawns on the side. We have all been on the sort of defensive, and please see it as strange and don't take it personally. Perhaps in the homeowner forum, you MAY have better luck. However, your question HAS been partially answered correctly, though.
  6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, but it's true.... there have been so many posters asking about pesticides... I have these uncertified LCO's all around me. I spend a lot of $ to get trained, get legal and stay on top of the latest developments in herbicides.

People think if they can buy it at Lowes, no big deal. But, if you read the label, you would have your answer already. The label IS the LAW. But, home owners don't read them either. That is why concentrates won't be in these stores for very much longer, it will all be the ready to spray stuff.

Most of the people in this forum have invested time, money and experience (in my case it's not so much experience as it is taking courses, researching and studying my arse off) and we give all this knowledge away to people that we have to compete against. These same people now say it's for their own house, or grampa's house... and they are full of it. They want free professional advise, no charge, just to go out and low ball.

It's getting worse, and you got the brunt of it.
  7. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

the lowballing is out of control this year. trubrown is leading the cause pretty well in my area. it's going to hurt the industry and many small businesses this year.