1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Canadian Businesses and 2013 WSIB

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Five Points, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

Talking to some friends in similar but different work about owners carrying wsib coverage on themselves. A new legislation for 2013

I have a lawn maintenance business doing all related tasks as well some spraying and fert and some landscape construction.

I carry wsib on all employees, whether for one day or a yr. obtain clearance certificates when requested. most work is in the private sector but some county work or commercial work.

most info i see is construction or home renovation related, not sure where i fall.
    If anyone can shed a little light on this for me i would appreciate it.

Thank you
  2. nickslawnltd

nickslawnltd LawnSite Member

From the letter I have all must pay unless a home renovation company working directly for the home owner. Another exemption is if your inced one officer of the company is exempt as long as he/she is not physically performing a task and just makes periodic site visits.