Canadian Geese "What 2 do"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kipcom, Apr 30, 2006.

1. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Most of us have to deal with these "pesky" flying ..poop everywhere, no good ,,,,well I will stop there before I say something else :nono:

Looking for ways to rid them of properties ( legally ) without harming them.

The best we have done so far is to place FOX statues and Hawk statues in the areas they feed at,,,,,but they just move to another for a week and then they are back. We also tried spraying Vinegar & Water around the ponds ( Like a ****** for the lawn LOL :dizzy: ) but it smells bad for those who try to enjoy the areas.

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

String monofilament fishing line around the ponds at 6" and 12". They walk into it and it drives them nuts. They'll stay out.

3. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Good suggestion...Thanks :clapping:

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

lots of lake owners here have border collies.

border collies hate geese.

GEO :waving:

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

get a cannon

6. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

7. stpet291

stpet291 LawnSite Member

String with steaks in the ground worked great for me, until my dog ran into it. Tie some flag tape on the line to help our rover, they will appreciate it!:)

8. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

this isn't practical at all but you can turn on a sprinkler during the day to get rid of them but then you'll have a swamp by the end of the week........

9. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Yep. You have to keep the dogs out of it. Border Collies also work good, but you'll have to consider the price for year round maintenance of a dog for a few months of goose control.

10. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

DICK CHENEY :usflag: