Canadian Products and Suppliers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheGrassGuy, Mar 14, 2004.

1. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I am wondering what suppliers are available in Canada. I tried to mailorder some Gator Blades from the states but the duty charges were more than the cost of the blades. Any mail order places in Canada for this type of stuff.

Also what programs are you using? A lot of what I see are written with the US taxes and laws in mind. I had been using Quicken Home an Business and found it ok.

2. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

Hello fellow canadian, Gator blades should be available at any of your local dealers, I can get them for my kubotas at the toro dealer. As far software goes I'm trying Gopher and like it alot you can add the taxes in the options page and it will do the calculating for you. Best of luck this year.

3. TheGrassGuy

The only Gators I could find locally was a very limited selection at Canadian Tire - nothing to fit my Toro 36". There must be a mail order or even a dealer that will ship these blades.

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

find your local dealer...

My dealer carries everything!

5. TheGrassGuy

As I said - we don't have any local dealers - which is why I am looking for someone who will ship.

6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello, I'm in Toronto area & order all parts except hydro filters from from http://www.j-thomas.com/ even with the duty @ taxes it is Much Cheaper than a dealer.

The prices at Canadian dealers are 3-4 times more. eXmark blades run almost $30 CND @ a dealer & most filters are 5 times more expensive.

Best to order a large quantity of stock & be sure to tell them not to ship any backorder items or they will nail you seperatly for shipping & duty charges.

7. TheGrassGuy

I'll check their prices again along with the duty. Last year it was about $50/blade delivered.