cancel letter

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

not what u expected

anyone care to share a letter you use to cancel service
    on a difficult/slow paying or otherwise -customer you no longer
    want?

thanks
    Josh

2. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Don't send them a cancel letter. Send them a letter telling them they need to pay in advance in order to continue your service. Canceling them makes you look bad. Put the problem on them. let them cancel you if they can't agree to your terms. :walking:

3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

well that sounds like a good course of action for most customers,
    but this 1 on my mind at the moment always prepays,
    but is just a PIA, never returns phone calls, very rude/conceded to deal with in person,
    completely discounts and ignores all sugestions and advice given to him -then complains
    about poor results of svc, haggles over prices of svc that have been prepaid and
    already performed, and just insulting by scribbling on my renewal form in crayon and sending it to me

4. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I have just raised thier prices equal to how much of a PITA they are and if they cancel then they cancel.
    double sounds about right in this case......

5. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

The best thing you can do is get rid of them. The mental energy and anguish you will free up will be amazing. My experience is that for every 1 PITA customer I eliminate, I get 5 great new customers to replace them. You don't need the aggravation! You are self employeed, dump them-NOW. Make you letter short and sweet:
    Do to (economy, route schedule, whatever) we will no longer be able to service you. We thank you for your business in the past.

Some of the PITAs may call you back and beg you to reinstate them. DON'T TAKE THEM BACK, its happened to me. How much time and energy have you wasted with them???

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  6. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

That's what I've found works best.

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

i just keep going up on the price if they are pia