1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cancellation policy

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Jan 6, 2002.

1. What is your cancellation policy on your mant. contracts?

I'm currious to see.

2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Some of our commercial have their own "outs".

In ours I don't put one in...but should and will this year.

I have had one request to add one in and did so without hesitation. 30 day in writing for either party.

I had one commercial account last season that signed but then realized that they had a 2 year with the previous company. The lady was upset ...
    I told her not to worry about it and that was the end of it. I ended up getting the snow removal for this winter and will get the contract this coming spring for the rest of it.

What I am trying to say is that contracts are good for holding them responsible for payment( even then it may not be worth my time) but if someone wanted out I would not kick up a fuss.... every little attitude you have with people will either help you or harm you in the long haul.

3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

we give a 30 day out for both partys.. (in writing )

4. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

30 day in writing certified mail both partys.

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Screw 30 day, I give a ten day written notice! This way if they're bad pay, or very unreasonable, you can get out quick. The same goes for them w/ us.

Bob

6. My next question is, do you make them pay up on their sevices that have been performed to get out?

7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Yes they would be required to pay for any services completed.

8. Can anyone post or send me them?

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Here's how I worded it...

Cancellation: Either party may terminate this agreement at any time with a 15 day advance written notice. Cancellation date will be 15 days after such notice is received. In the event of cancellation, the client will be responsible for all costs of services rendered up to the cancellation date. A final invoice will be sent to the client 15 days after notification for balance due.