1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cancelling contract with customer...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sendero, Nov 2, 2005.

1. sendero

sendero LawnSite Member

We have a customer that we no longer wish to do business with. They make our job very difficult (ie. if there is a single blade of grass sitting on the mulch in a flower bed, they call us on it and demand that we go move it (no kidding))!!!! I need to write a letter of cancellation to them and can't find the right words. Can someone help me out!? Our contract requires that either party give a 30 day notice. Some help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Dear Customer,

In 30 days we will no longer be servicing your property. Thank you for your business.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yep, and date it 29 days before the actual day you send it:D
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Dear Customer So-N-So,

We are sorry, but due to extenuating circumstances we will no longer be able to provide our service to you. Please be advised that this letter serves as notice of discontinuation of services. We will continue to service your lawn for the duration of the next 30 days so that you may have time to locate a suitable replacement. If you are able to find a replacement prior to the completion of 30 days, kindly notify our office and we will discontinue service at that time.

Thank You,

Sendero Lawn
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I think this is a good one, short and politley right to the point without calling the client a "pita" or going into any insulting them.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have to agree, that was perfect
  7. Microbe

Microbe LawnSite Member

Dear OCD client,

There are many medications that you can use to help overcome OCD! Because we at So and so do not have OCD we cannot seem to absorb your consistent attention to perfection. I would reccommend Dr. Grassman to recommend some sort of anti-depressent or obsesive drug to help calm down your depressing life... In the future, I would reccomend not to attack your landscaper for OCD related perfection.

What you think?
  8. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I like the last one very much
  9. sendero

sendero LawnSite Member

NewZ7151...thank you! That helped me out tremendously!!!
    Microbe....you are too funny! I would love to use that one....i'll send it to our owner, he'll get a kick out of it!!!!
    Thank you all for your help!!!!
  10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I have NEVER canceled a contract .... well maybe 1 or 2

But really the best thing too do is RAISE THE PRICE .... think about it ... work is work .... if your getting paid well enough to compensate the PITA factor .... who cares

If your charging em say ... $35 per cut ... raise it to $70 ... they can ONLY say that's too much or OK