cancelling first customer. Letter help please

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by beautifullawns, Jun 23, 2006.

1. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a PITA customer that called me today swearing up a storm because I told him I'm not mowing today because of weather (on and off thunderstorms). Anyone have a sample letter I can send him saying I won't be working for him any longer?
    Thanks

2. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

call him like a man or just stop cutting his house.... tell him your trailer and equipment was stolen ... tell him u are downsizing just dont write a letter

if you screw them over or give a valid reason no matter what they will never get you anymore business and will badmouth you no matter what.. so screw them over

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You are cancelling the entire day because it may rain? I don't cancel until the storm is on my bumper.
    Anyway he shouldn't be yelling at you for any reason.
    Make it simple:

Dear Mr. Hotair

I don't appreciate being yelled at. I hereby resign.

First wait until you get your last check:drinkup:

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

I hope your not serious! Those are bad business ethics and bad advice IMO, so what you wont get a referral from the guy, so what he will bad mouth your co. Thats no reason to screw the guy over, besides you really make yourself look bad/worse.

If one guy is going to ruin your business for you... seriously maybe it's not him.

Be straight with the guy and tell him the real reason you wont be working for him anymore.... If you cancel because of whatever reason.. it's your business, you run the show... Make sure it's a legit reason, if not you'll be hurting yourself. If he's that unhappy he is probably already looking for someone else to replace you anyhow.

If you care to keep the guy, make it a point to say something about his behavior and how you won't tolerate it. Some of these people think they come first and want everything done yesterday.

I also don't cancel if it's going to storm, if it's storming thats another thing, I watch the radar online, if i can beat the storm, i mow, if it will blow over, i'll wait.

All Clear

5. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Same but I have used that as an excuse because of laziness.

6. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Just call him back and tell him you will no longer be providing his turf needs-Period,end of story.

A guy that shows you no respect is not a customer you want.

Show me your friends and I will show you your future - I guarantee that you will not lose business over this clown.

Move on...

kc

7. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Can send you a sample letter for people such as these, but the moderaters will blank out every second word any way its starts of like this.

dear MR *******, you can go and get ****** and stuff your lawn up your kybyer pass........(.they never bother you again):laugh: :clapping:

8. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

i said there are 2 routes to go didnt i? call him like a man or **** him over either way is the same on your business just depends if u are in a nice mood or not

9. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

I went out and stopped in the middle of a job because of a sevre storm with thunder and lots of lighting. I ain't getting my butt fried for a couple of lousy bucks. It stormed for about two hours then cleared for a few then more storms rolled in.

10. KB Klippers

KB Klippers LawnSite Member

I say, don't bring your feelings to work. Take his money and cut his grass. Build your business. Raise the price if you feel just in doing so. He may have had a horrible day. He may just be a butthole. Regardless, he still wants you to cut, take the money and concentrate on the positive things in your life dude!:cool2: