1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

canister air cleaner maint.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gandk06, Sep 7, 2007.

1. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering what you do to maintain your canister air cleaners. I was searching and found that people are saying they can get 1000 hours out of them before they change them out. But I have hard time believing that you have to do nothing to them for 1000 hours of use. By the way it is on a 23hp Kawi. (don't know if it makes a difference with the brand) The mower has just over 100 hours now and is just starting to get some color to the large outer filter. That is a big difference when compared to my last mower with the tradition style filter. These things are nice.

As always, thanks for the input.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Often, I take the outer element off and hold the backpack hose to it - blowing up through the center. Once in awhile, I use the air compressor and blow out between the olds.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i take take mine out every oil change and tap it on the bottom to remove any debris. imo i wouldnt put forced air through it.