Canned by Turf mag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jan 15, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my Turf magazine in the mail today and noticed that 'In Your Own Words' wasn't in the issue. What's up with that? Are we too boring for Turf??

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe they're thinking all of us are sitting on some warm, sunny beach someplace not worrying about work or reading "Turf". Yeah, hello...

3. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah thats the best article in their. I got mine today as well everytime I get a new one thats the first article I look at.

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe we could all get together and cancel our subscriptions!!!!
    Oh yeah that's right,they're free. Maybe we could demand that they pay us to receive the magazine until they put back 'In Your Own Words'. If it wasn't for this section of the mag I would've never found out about lawnsite!!!!

LAWNS AND MORE

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't got mine yet, but I bet Jim has a reason for it.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Now lets not jump in and crucify them without knowing the details. The issue said EXTRA so mayby it just for this issue.

Either way its a good mag and good people running it. I'm stickin with em either way and besides that - the price is right!!!:D

7. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

that section wouldn't be too bad if they didn't EDIT some of the replies.

8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Hey why dont somebody email them and ask why. If you do be sure and put in here.

9. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

From the looks of it, they went back to their old style covering golf courses. Also, they probably received negative comments regarding that section from subscribers as well as advertisers. Maybe if they chose better threads to have put in there it would have been different, but the mower down the stairs thread? C'mon....that portrays us as....???

10. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to agree with Scraper, that was a bad choice of threads to publish. There are plenty of much better, and educational ones here. I'm just happy I finally got published in the last issue, before the series stopped ;) The only thing is they edited the funny part of my post, which was entertaining & probably would have helped to boost those free subscriptions! Oh well.