cant believe it

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by jeffwpayne, Jul 30, 2012.

  1. jeffwpayne

    jeffwpayne LawnSite Member
    Posts: 17

    I have to agree that's the best way to do it, problem iv ran Into most people don't like paying in advance as they have had other guys quit showing up (illegals) Have to gain there trust first right.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  2. greendoctor

    greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 8,823

    $200 a month sounds about right for a 5-6000 sq ft lot with too many palms, too much foliage plants and about 1000 or so of grass that is reel cut. Blow through a property like this in 15 minutes-FIRED. I have seen properties without landscaping and 2000 or so of weeds to be cut with a rotary. Now those are $50 a month and done in 15 or so minutes.
     
  3. cgaengineer

    cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 15,782

    But a McDonalds hamburger where you are is $26 ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  4. I thought it was big kahuna burger
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  5. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,946

    Great point about different markets. Certainly New Dork prices are going to be closer to Green Doctor's Price than Florida. Add in this economy and all the out of work grass cutters etc.

    But the point I want to make is not every one has to be Willy Sutton and go after the High Dollar accounts. If you can find that niche market, Mow and Go can be profitable. I have seen several (for lack of a better word) LOW BALLERS be very successful. Fact is in my old age I am proud to be a Low Ball inside pest control business. More Money in my Pocket, Less Work and More Fun.

    .
     
  6. greendoctor

    greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 8,823

    Its actually around $2-3 I think. Don't know for sure because I have not bought anything from there for over 10 years. Otherwise, my idea of a burger is around $6. Good thing I only need to have one. It would become a problem if I ate 2 and 3 at a time.

    The government is disorganized enough that they do not require you to have a license to start a mower or plant a few flowers, much less be able to maintain a cadre of bureaucrats intent on enforcing such ridiculous regulations. I am thankful that government here does not have their s-t together. The cost is in fuel, property and food. I am sure it would not be $200 or more for FULL SERVICE of a 5,000 sq ft lot if gas was not over $4.30, median price of a house was not over $600,000 and a pound of beef almost $10. Mowing for $30 a cut or doing applications for $5 per 1000 is not realistic under these conditions.
     
  7. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,946

    .


    I am not for government regulation and believe in a free society, BUT.

    I have seen too many backward landscape Designs that looked beautiful the day they were installed. And looked like a jungle 6 months later.

    Let us not even talk about backward mowing & chemical practices.


    .
     
  8. Rico agree with that 75% of the time. The other 25% is a cheap homeowner who won't pay a quality company to maintain the 20-K landscape they just had installed. In fact that number may be higher...but I agree, most installs are designed poorly.
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  9. Ric

    Ric LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,946

    Seems like every other person that moves to Florida is an expert landscape designer or premium Landscape maintenance person. Most don't know the name of the Plants they install let alone how it grows. I won't even begin to talk about Chief Scalp em Up and his weed eater grass killing methods.


    .
     
  10. Patriot Services

    Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 12,452

    I just had to revive this one. Funny how guys like this blow onto a thread, tell us how great they are, how we are a bunch of hacks, then disappear after getting their butts handed to them. 5 posts and never to be heard from again.:usflag:
     

Share This Page