Can't choke the Echo.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I'm sure it's a simple fix, but for some reason I can't fully choke one of my Echo trimmers unless I loosen the air cleaner box. I think the air filter is hitting against the choke lever inside the air box/carb assembly. What would cause this to happen? No sense in going out of the way and dropping it off at the dealer if it's a quick fix. I can't figure it out.

2. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

The little metal plate that the cover screws on to is bent in. Remove the screws that hold the carb on and swap out that plate. Be carfull to line up the carb gaskets when you reinstall.

3. jims lawn service

jims lawn service LawnSite Member
    from midwest

I have the same problem on my Echo backpack blower.My problem is the screw knob that holds the filter box seemed to be to long.I just shortened the screw alittle on a bench grinder.It worked for mine.

4. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Had the same problem and noticed I put the cover on upside down. Try rotating the main cover.

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Had the same thing happen. Couldn't figure it out. Just shorten the threads on the knob.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Leaf guy got it right...you drop the units and cave in the metal attachment bracket. Take the plate off and straighten it out(i.e. pull the center out)!

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

It was the metal bracket. Thanks guys.