Cant decide between FTSD 60" and Z 60"

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by redc4, May 23, 2008.

1. redc4

redc4 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I am torn between these two. I can get the Fastrak Superduty 60" for $6099, or the Hustler Z 60" for $7499. I am mowing just over 3 acres. Both have the same motor, and filter setup. Here are the pro's of each unit that I can think of:

FTSD Pro's
    4 year warranty
    $1400 less

Z Pro's
    Hydro pump and wheel motors
    Speed?
    Ride quality?
    but less warranty???
    better spindles

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The FT SD is designed for your exact needs.
    You can save some money and still get the job done, that along with the 4 year warranty makes it a wise choice.

Pj

3. redc4

redc4 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Well, I am kinda on the fence on this one. I plan on keeping this mower 10++ years, and the only thing I am concerned about are the hydro trans' on the FTSD.

How much better is the ride on rough terrain with the Hustler Z? Just wondering if the FTSD with the flex-forks would have a comprable ride for less money.

4. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

The Hustler Z has heavier deck shell, deeper deck, iron ductile spindles with grease zerks, heavier frame and larger tires, and heavier deck hangers. It also has a flip up seat pan and foot pan, and has a different braking system, but still integrated into the levers. The Super Duty sits lower to the ground, has a better consumer warranty, and just plain looks cool.

Tough call. Get one for "him" and one for "her"

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The ride as you are asking would be real close, the winner being the full framed Hustler Z.

Pj