1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can't decide on which Blower to get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fatboy5803, Apr 13, 2003.

1. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to decide which blower to get,,, I now have all Echo products, real pleased with all. Never tried any other 2 cycle product. Been doing allot of reading yous guys have been saying and still confused :dizzy: The area I deal with caries Echo, Stihl, Shindawa, Husqavarna.. Out of these choices of brands, any help on a back pack blower ?? Thanks.....

Lou :cool:
  2. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

As far as a blower, I would stay with echo. I have an echo pb-601. Works great, no problems. Good luck.
  3. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

Go with the Pb-650 great machine if your dealer has it get the pb-750...
    Also if you can find a redmax dealer try out the eb-7001.
    See how much each one costs...
    You'll probably end up paying around 500 for the redmax and about 450-475 for the echo. Well thats what it is around here for me.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive pretty much run stihl blowers my whole life. whether it was working for other companies, my own business etc.... i got my br400 stolen last week, and just replaced it with the new stihl br420. Im not really that happy with this new model. i think the power has definately gone down hill, and isnt at all like my br400 was. i think next time ill look around a little more before buying. stihl has always been a great brand, and the backpack will last forever, but i think its missing the extra power the 400's had.
  5. Clay

Clay LawnSite Member

Echo or Red Max are the "big guns".... Take your pick :)
  6. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

have had great luck with bith echo and shindawa blowers, red max is also a very good unit.
  7. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

redmax eb 7000
  8. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a back pack to get....and have searched multipal threads on this issue. I am going to buy this week a Redmax EB-7001....

I have used older Redmax back pack blowers and was happy with them, and I am not sure who used the quote, but it was stated that Redmax is the Exmark of blowers.

:blob2: :blob2:
  9. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

Echo pb650 or 750 are monsters when it comes to blow and not bad on weight either
  10. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo is all i run.my dealer is a mile away from me