Can't decide - TTHP or Turf Tracer

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by wagner17, Nov 10, 2004.

1. wagner17

wagner17 LawnSite Member

I want to get either the 48" TTHP (19HP) or the 52" Turf Tracer (23HP). I know what the differences are, and the Turf Tracer is very appealing to me, but is the extra ~$1000+ justified in the cost of the mower? Very few of my accounts have gates which is my biggest concern, but I doubt that I could even get the 48" through most gates.

Also, I have been told by some that the TurfTracers stripe fine without the striping kit - is this true? Also, is the mulching kit worth it? Would it be beneficial to get the Meg-Mo blades, or stick with the Excalibur?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Steve

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Wagner,

First make sure and buy the machine that best fits the needs you have now or forsee in the next coming year or two at most. If you can only fit a 48" on most of your properties then go with the 48. If the 52" fits the defineatley go with the 52". The 52" not only cut more grass but yes they do stripe nicer, leave a higher quality of cut and mulch better. Not that the 48's are bad but we find this with most deck designs. The 60" performs better than the 52" and the 72" performs better than the 60". Often the larger decks leave a better cut but often it's more of a visual appearance issue than of an actual cut issue which can be caused by the stripe.

The 52" Turf Tracer has a beefier front and rear frame, better air filter, electric start, larger tires, less maintenance, more power and it holds hills better than a Turf Tracer HP.

If you want to mulch buy the mulching kit and use the blades that come with it. We've yet to find any blade that performs as well in such a wide variety of conditions.

Thanks

Terry