cant decide which new mower???? feedback

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moonlight, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Moonlight

Moonlight LawnSite Member

Scag: good dealer, very close
    Grasshopper: good dealer, very close
    Ferris: ?

2. Piscitelli Landscape

Piscitelli Landscape LawnSite Member

I went through the same thing last year at this time. I ended up going with the scag I got the turf tiger with the 29 hp efi engine and the tiger cub with the Kaw. I have never been happier my customers love the way there lawn looks. I did add the striping kits. They mount behind the rear wheels not on the deck and they can be folded up when not in use and when they are down they are spring loaded and provide pressure to leave a great looking stripe. You will have everyone on this site with there favorite mowers the truth is u need to get what works for you in your area in price, location, and reliability.

3. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

scag. nuff said

4. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't own one, and I haven't heard any reviews about em'....except one, and that is that Grasshopers are supposed to ride really well. But like Piscitelli said, "You will have everyone on this site with there favorite mowers the truth is u need to get what works for you in your area in price, location, and reliability."

5. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

Scag enouh said 2!

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't own any of them but from what i've seen and heard i'd go with Scag. Ferris would be my second option. What type of mower are you planning on getting? walk behind, Zturn, ect.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I am running two mid mount grasshoppers and I love them. To me the ride and controls are way better than the scag. However, the scag with the new velosity deck does mow wet grass better without clummping. I would say demo both.

8. BobcatBoy06

BobcatBoy06 LawnSite Member

They are both good machines, To me if you have a few dealers in your area and they all sell good commercial equipment, it doesn't matter what kind of mower it is its about how the dealer will treat you in the long run, you have to develop a relationship with the dealer and they will take care of you in the long haul.

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I have grasshopper and like them alot but i do not have anything to compare them to.:waving:

10. BTLS

BTLS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

i went with scag and love it- only complaint was busting my thumb knuckles for the first week. never worked a grasshopper.