1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cant Decide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cooter, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

After demoing both a Deere 757 and a Hustler Super Z 27/60 I am having a tough time choosing from the two. They are both well built mowers. What I am looking for most is quality of cut and ability to disperse clippings well. Does Deere make a mulch kit for the & Iron 2? Any help would be nice.

2. mr.glenn

mr.glenn LawnSite Member

i have a jd 737 and a hustler 60" both are fairly new. the jd cut is supreme, the hustler is faster. the jd mulch kit is a headache to change but it is the best mulcher i have ever own. the jd even stripes without a stripe kit. the hustler does a better job on rough lawns where getting the job done is more important than the quality. both are excelent mowers.

3. Cooter

from NE Iowa

Thank you, right now I am looking for the best cut it will be worth it if it takes a little longer. Both dealers are excellent, so that is not really a factor. Any other pros or cons would be helpful.

4. Cooter

from NE Iowa

Also does anyone have a suspension seat on a Deere and if so does it work as well as the one on the Hustler?