Cant decide

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TLC96, Dec 10, 2012.

1. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

alright this is my senior year of high school and ive been in the lawncare business since my sophmore year and made good money doing so when i graduate i either want to buy 2 new Zztrs a bigger trailer expand some move to the beach to do those high end beach propertys or join the air force which would yall do need some advice

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

For me, if you have to ask complete strangers weather you should join the military or not, then you shouldn't join. This is different than all the other posts of "should I go to college or build my business" threads. I joined the army straight out of high school, got injured and discharged. Went through years of physical therapy and re-enlisted. I was injured again and medically discharged a second time. If I could do it, I would shut down my business and enlist a 3rd time in a heart beat. That's the dedication you need if you want to join the military.

It's perfectly fine to have questions and go back and forth on weather you should enlist or build your business. That is expected. But you should be asking people who know you, your past, your mentality, your dedication. Not us who have no clue about your business. People here could say you should stick to landscaping, maybe you have great business sense, but maybe you have none and are a horrible landscaper. We have no way of knowing. People here could tell you that the military was the time of their lives and that you should put the landscaping off 3-6 years and do an enlistment, at the least you will gain discipline and knowledge in a field. But at the same time we do not know if you are the type of person who would make a good service member. Maybe you would be great at it, but then again maybe you are a complete schmuck and wouldn't make it through the first couple weeks of basic.

3. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Id join if it were me. But can't decide for you. If you don't join you'll always play what if. But like he said above ask people you know.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You'll learn things in the military that they could never teach you in Kinston or at the beach. BTW, I'm right up the road from you in Greenville.

5. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

thanks guys i know where your coming from i just thought id ask you know cause all my buudies say its stupid if i leave then my family says i can do what ever i want theyll always support me where at in greenville i stay right off nuese road like going the back way to greenville from kinston

6. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

We are the Pirates of ECU i lived in greenville for 2 years when i went to ecu and loved it

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What happened? Too much drinking and you didn't finish up the 4 years? :drinkup: :laugh:

8. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

i was there for construction management. When they started to make cuts they were going to get rid of alot of the construction departments labs where you learned hands on which is the big reason i went to ecu. I had a 3.8 so it wasnt grades and i really became interested more and more in landscaping so i came home and started my company

9. Ethan51

Ethan51 LawnSite Member

Hey man, I thought about going into the USMC till the beginning of this season, but after thinking about the family I have here, the future I have here, I decided to shoot for SWAT, and that's the road I'm on right now. You have to think about where you want to be in the next 5 years, and i plan on owning one of the most successful Multi-Based company's in the Midwest, and protecting my family during the day.

10. Elks

Elks LawnSite Member

Ecu was a blast. He needs to experience ecu before he does anything else