1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cant decide

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TLC96, Dec 10, 2012.

1. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys but i dont really plan on going to college and wasting my time there either the only thing good bout ECU is the girls there and im lucky to be dating one from there but becoming a army ranger or training to get to delta is always been a dream of mine so ima try that while my dad takes care of my lawn business
  2. Woodman1

Woodman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey bud,

You definitely need to talk with some people who are "in" right now. You are talking about decisions that no one else can make for you. These decisions affect you for the rest of your life. LOTS of things are changing in the military right now and will be changing for the next few years. There is a MAJOR difference in "possibly going in the Air Force and joining 1st SFOD-D". Much like Greenl.A. said - That lifestyle takes a major commitment.
    One GREAT thing for you is that you are young enough that whatever you decide to do - you have time to make mistakes - LEARN from them - adapt - and overcome any obsticle that you encounter.
    Whatever you decide to do - put everything that you have into it and be the best that you can possibly be at it!
    BEST of luck!
  3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I'm confused, now you are saying earning your Ranger tab or making special forces has always been a dream of yours. But in your original post you are talking about joining the Air Force.
  4. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

yeah i was gonna try the air force but from talking with both recruiters its better for me to do something ive wanted to do for a long time then just for the money yeah money is good but its better to enjoy making it
  5. henson2043

henson2043 LawnSite Member

TLC, as long as you are fighting for our freedom more power to you. You go be whatever you wanna be.
  6. M & L

M & L LawnSite Senior Member

As someone who did 23 years active duty. I have no regrets and would do it again in an instant. AND it sure is nice being a member of the Check o the month club. aka retirement check.

I would go air force over the others. This equates to bullet catcher or a more safe wider field of career options. (nothing personal Army or marine guys)

I had a part time job most of the time I was active (I stood a firehouse type schedule-2days on 2off) Which means you can always do the lawn stuff on the side?

Which ever you do, as some one mentioned, you should be committed

Good luck!