Can't decide...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Sep 8, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't decide whether to buy another shindaiwa blower (this time an EB630) or go for a redmax 7001. Pros and Cons? Help me decide!! Thanks
  2. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Are you happy with the shin? I would take that into consideration before trying another brand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I havn't heard much about the Shin's but the Redmax get rave reviews. Have you checked out the new 8000???
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i saw the redmax 8000 when i was at the dealer looking at plows yesterday. dang that thing was a BEAST!!! i want one!!! maybe next year ill get one. but deff. look at the 8000 if you can spare the extra change!
  5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

That Remax 7001 is a great machine.I don't know much about the 8000...
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

well here is the big story...i guess i will tell it. i went in to my redmax dealer the other day after i cashed a check for about $1200. i was going to buy a 7001 with part of it. well when i went to the dealer there was a guy demoing it so i was just looking around waiting around for the guy to finish then i was. i took a look at the 8000 and the guy that worked there had the nerve to say "those are for commercial guys you need to go to wal-mart and get a weedeater brand!" i was like WHOOOOA. i had no intention on saying this but it just came out. "i was going to buy 2 of these things but not now." and i pulled the cash out of my pocket. the look on his face was "oh $h it." which of course was a lie i was just trying to make him feel bad. i told him i would just go buy another shindaiwa to go with my new "wal-mart" Grasshopper that was sitting on my trailer out in the parking lot. he followed me out of the building out to my truck apologizing. i was like whatever. i just thought i would share that with everyone. being 20 yrs old (i look like i'm 16) makes it hard to buy things because people don't take you too serious...has anyone else had this problem?? i have a little bit of trouble when i go out and bit some yards too. until i show them pics of the yards i mow and they are like "well i guess you are older and more capable than you look". Now i just pull my equipment around with me when i go to these kind of places. I am a firm believer of to be successful one must project the image of success!!'s ain't no lie.
  7. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep this in mind, if you keep with the same brand you can use parts off of old machines. I use Stihl blowers for years and have keep the old ones for parts to fix new ones, such as fuel lines, pull cords, shoulder straps, etc.

SONSCAPES LawnSite Member

joplin i got a shin 630 and i am very pleased with it but,the redmax 8000 looks good too.
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 7001 and 8000. 7001 makes a great all around everyday blower. The 8000 is going to make leaf season real fun.