can't find backpack on/off switch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LJ lawn, Apr 27, 2001.

1. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

i have a VANDERMOLEN backpack blower which looks identical to the new John deere (possibly the KAWI)and the Landscaper models. my dealer and landscapers supply can't get the little on/off switch which is in the trigger handle,apparently they are back ordered,or no one else has damaged theirs so they don't stock the part.AND the distributor is in my state no less!! anyone out there recommend a parts dealer who might stock this? this blower has been down since october!you figure you spend $400 on a machine you should be able to get the parts when it breaks.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You would expect that but I think because of the brand that you have you are suffering...meaning that larger brand names would have more dealers so it would be easier to get the parts you need..

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hmm... This is kinda the same reason we don't buy Honda TruGear mowers. Fix it, sell it and go buy a Stihl BR400.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

call a rep from vandermolen. i needed a deck lift assist for my exmark lazer and i talked with the rep on turfmfg.com. the pedals were back ordered but he was able to get me one. see who you can stir up at the company directly.

5. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

got it!!! guy had to start tearing apart a new one so he could sell the parts.