Can't find blades online

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by sodzilla, Apr 14, 2004.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I've been looking for a week and can't find mulching blades for my 37" WB anywhere. I called my dealer and ordered a set the other day from him. Is the dealer my only choice for theses blades or is there someplace I just haven't found yet? The blades are 19" long. I found 19" blades in the mow more catalog. They are for a 54" shortcut. I assume these are the same blades. However they are standard blades not mulching.

Thanks for your help,

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The 19" blades are the same for the 54" as well at the 37".
    Hustler parts and blades are starting to show up in aftermarket catalogs, we are seeing more and more every day.
    I am sure there are some guys here on LS that have found sources online, let see some posts guys !!!

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never found much of anything in the aftermarket for my 37 Hustler or my Kubota. These brands are just not that popular yet.
  4. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I called the manufacturer of Gator Blades, Oregon.

Gave them the part number of my dealer bought Gator Blades and was told the only place you can buy them is through a Hustler dealer.

The Hustler Gator Blade is way wider than other blades that would fit the Hustler application, per the Gator Blade spokesman.

The Hustler Gator Blade is all I have used since my original high lift blades wore out.

The Hustler Gators work pretty good, however are more expensive.

And cannot be purchased on line.

The extra width probably adds lift on the top side of the blade and that would equal more vaccum to the bottom side of the blade.

The extra blade weight probably is a good thing to have in higer grass.