Can't find help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by razorman, Nov 10, 2004.

1. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

Hello I have had several people working for me this summer none of which have worked out. I have had customers calling me and complaining. I was wondering how you guys find your help? :help:

2. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

I have had similar problems. Right now I only hire people who have recently retired (usually young - 50's). These people want to work two or three days a week but still want to have a day or two to play golf! They have a great work ethic, show up every day, never late, understand why it is important to do a good job, and they always give more than you ask. Maybe some of them can't pull the starter on the JD WB, but that is usually the least of my problems. I know other small operators who do the same thing for the same reason's.

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Wher in the heck is dalton MA I've never heard of it and I'm from MA :dizzy:

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So there are no Mexican workers in Ill., interesting! As soon as President Bush gets the worker permits program in place you will see folks migrate from the border areas inland. Start to learn Spanish you will need it in our business if you want to be in it long term.

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Ya know, I got a card today addressed from Sherbom MA. Have you ever heard of that one?

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Shelborn + Dalton are about 40 miles from me. Try to find Granville.

Gene

7. Lawnchoice

8. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

Nope I've lied in MA all my life and never heard of these towns are they off route 2 or something

10. Lawnchoice

Have no idea where these towns are from. It was a Xmas card from an old acquaintance.