Lawn Care Forum banner

Can't find the hydro filter on great dane wb?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  runthetableandy 
#1 ·
So I'm trying to change the hydro oil on my Great Dane wb and I jacked it up and looked everywhere and I can't find the hydro filter or a drain bolt or even anywhere to put oil. Theres not even an oil reservoir , like on my other mower, a cub cadet tank, it has like a 3 gallon reservoir. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've searched this site and can't find what I'm looking for.

Thanks Andy

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks to me as if they are sealed. This means they are not serviceable. Well unless you really know what you are doing. They are made to last the life of the mower. Only thing is you might be able to check how much oil is in it. This will only work if there is a overflow which would be on the top of the hydros. Sorry not much help.

#3 ·
http://www.greatdanemowers.com/parts/index.html

Apparently you don't have an owners manual for your machine.

Here is a link to GD's website. You gave no model so this is the best I can do. Looking at the pictures of your mower, it would appear to be an early model, possibly around 98 or 99. It looks very much like their early homeowner mower but I did not recognize the model in their list. The homeowner unit as I recall had no filter or reservoir--a sealed unit. I was working at a GD shop at the time but haven't been there since 2002.

If you can find model numbers, I'll do a little snooping around.

#4 ·
I checked out that link to GD's site, I have the Scamper HG. It looks like there is no filter or reservoir on the parts list. It just seems to me like not changing the hydro oil will reduce the life of the hydros. I'm not sure the model year but I bought it new in 2006 or 2007.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.