Can't find trimmertrap item to buy - Help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, May 29, 2002.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I got the trimmertrap catalogue and have been checking out all of their racks. I see on the back pages of the catalogue, they have a "MR-1" which is listed as a Multi-Use Trimmer Clamp. I've done searches on here and elsewhere such as "google.com" and I can't find this item for sale anywhere.

Is it available, anyone know where to get it? Thanks for the help!

Gary

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Doogiegh,

Just what is this MR-1? I went to their website and found nothing coming close to a MR-1 or a "Multi Use Trimmer Clamp".

If your looking for a trimmer rack from Trimmer Trap, then you have basically 2 options. The "TT-2" (holds 3 trimmers) and the "TT-2 PRO-4"(holds 4 trimmers).

They have a "TT-1" (Holds 2 trimmers), but it is a totally different design then the above models, and isn't recommended.

Northern is about the cheapest for them, as my dealer wanted over $200 plus tax, and he would have had to order them :rolleyes:

I hear of these other far less superior racks costing close to $300 and I just shake my head :confused:

3. Doogiegh

I'm looking at the Trimmertrap, 2002-2003 catalogue, It's 16 pages thick. FIrst opening page is that of their 'fully decked out' trailer, and where you could/would put everything.

Further inside, they go and show many pictures of the TT-2, TT-1, BR-1, st-1, kk-1, lh-1, db-1, etc etc etc.

They list a mr-1 which is a multi-use trimmer clamp. It looks kinda like a vice-grip, but is mountable. Looks like it comes with an adjustable 5-6 inch pedastal mount.

What they show is this clamp on a trailer railing for easy fixing of the trimmer (string reloads), and also mounted to the frame of multiple ztr's, carts, and walk behinds. On the ztr's, they have it mounted on the passenger side, so wherever you go on the ztr, the trimmer goes with you.. on the other ztr, it's mounted across the front mower deck, in front of where your feet go.

on the walk behind, they have it mounted on the handlebar system above the exmark gas can.

I think this is great for deserted areas or simply big areas, where you gotta trim the back edge of a property, and by the time you bring the mower back, and then walk back to the trim area with the trimmer, trim, and walk back to the truck........

Easily carry the trimmed with ya wherever you go so it's there as needed, when needed.

Says in the catalogue, patent pending, but I still haven't found it for sale anywhere. It is NOT the tt-1 or tt-2 (or pro) that you guys listed at northern tool.

I bet it's a $19.95, maybe $29.95 item.

Gary

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Give them a call, maybe they'll sell direct to you! Or they can tell you where to buy one. For as small as it is, it'll be easily shipped. I emailed them this morning about a blower rack, and they responded already!

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Call Trimmertrap and order it direct. I buy all my Trimmertrap stuff direct from the factory. They will sell direct if there is no dealer in your area.:)

6. Doogiegh

Hey, remember that "Multi-purpose Mr-1" that I was looking for from Trimmer Trap? I found it online for sale. Check out this web page, let me know what you guys think of something like this:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/commercialmowerparts/multrimrac.html

Make sure you click on the picture and look at it real good. You'll see how they have this item attached to the mower deck so that it saves you a trip back to the truck for the trimmer. Just take it with you. <G>

Let me know what ya think,
    Thanks!!

Gary