Can't get ahold of McLaren

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by dirtybiz, Jan 14, 2010.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Haven't done anything yet, been busy with some other stuff. I have a couple of months to worry about it around here yet. Our season doesn't start until about april 15th. I think i am going to try the McLaren TDF's though, we have a set on our T250 (installed this winter and only used to plow a bit of snow from time to time) and we really like them so far. Can't be any worse then the bobcat ones that came on the mt55, the never did have much tread to them.

2. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Decided today that i was going to go ahead and order the McLaren TDF for my bobcat mt55, until i call their 800 number and cannot get through again!! Are you kidding me, how do these guys do any business if you can't get through on their phone?? Rings four times and disconnects, just like someone hunge up on you.

Somehow somebody saw that i tried calling and called me back, and i explained to them that i was ready to make the purchase, but not really confident in buying somehting from a company who i cannot ever get ahold of. The guy was adiment that the problem was a thing of the past, even though i just encountered it. So i told him, tell you what i am going to hang up, and call your 800 number and if so prompted will enter your ext. and if i get ahold of you i will take them, otherwise i am not sure i want to do business w/your company.

Long story short, number still did not work, and the guy called me back about 10 minutes later. Told him i wasn't comfortable doing business with him at this time, if he get's his phone to work, i would consider it. I told them they had major communication problems the first part of January, and now still the same thing?Unbelievable!!

3. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Hahaha that is funny as h*ll!!! kinda sucks you arn't getting tracks but hopefully they will finally wake up and get teh problem fixed!

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

you would think after they were told so directly that there was a problem that they would have gotten it fixed. Guess they are not that bright or something.

5. hillboy

hillboy LawnSite Member

Thank you for the insight. After weighting our other options, we went ahead and ordered a set of tracks from McLaren for our MT52. They're not the cheapest we found, but seem to offer the best value for the money. We got their TDF tracks as they seem will offer a smooth ride and good traction -- they look similar to the ASV track pattern. These are 9" wide as opposed to the cheaper 7.5" they also have in regular tread. I may post some pictures as soon as we get them. Had no problem reaching them. :) :usflag: