1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cant Get It Going

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FLMOWER, Mar 8, 2003.

1. ipm

ipm LawnSite Senior Member

And don't forget that the leads you generated from mailers, etc. are golden. Keep them in your records and check back with them. Just because they chose another company does not mean the account is lost. Keep it up, and I do agree it is a little early for maint. agreements. Check properties for other work right now. What can you give your prospects that others are not. 2cs
  2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Your message has to intersect with someones needs. Maybe you're telling them all they need to know in your flier or ads. Don't do that. Just pique their interest and make them want to call. Most "selling" is done face to face. I went through the spring thing last year and got numerous customers simply because of the way I talked(they told me). A lot of guys are uneducated and reply with "duh huh" and similar phrases. Realize it takes time to get quality customers.
  3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I could not agree more. Hang in there and the best of luck to you.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get out there with more flyers.

5. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Fantasy Lawn said it best. When it gets hot and the newness wears off, they will drop like flies.

Put your name out there. Even though they dont call now, at least when they do need someone, your name will be fresh in thier mind. Target specific areas. Ask for the business.

LIke Hoss said, 500 isnt enough. From what I've read, a 1% return is about as much as you can expect from fliers. Put your name (professionaly) on your trailer and truck. Each time you are cutting, they will see who is there and connect the job with the name. Just make sure that you are doing a stellar job. You wouldnt want to get your name confused with poor work.
  6. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 LawnSite Member

7. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Start knockin doors.
  8. adrianvbarrera

adrianvbarrera LawnSite Member

Don't get discouraged. The economy is down and times are a bit tougher. More people are price hunting but that does not mean that there will not be any customers for you.

Call those people that you bid and ask them straight out what was the main reason that you lost the bid. Well first ask if the job was awarded. They might of changed their mind about paying to have it done.

Build relationships with these people....that is what humans want.

Just my thoughts.