1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can't keep up (dropping leaves)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gobblet, Nov 16, 2007.

1. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

I was wondering what shall be done if a solo person like myself just can not get his regular customers leaves cleaned up due to not enough time in the week, some going on three weeks since I have been there last. One reason is that I have an account that takes me three days a week solo for leaf removal. To late to hire and have no friends that will help. Any suggestion?
  2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Seems you're from a city? correct. There must temp agencies around you.

One simple call, and they'll deliver 1 or 2 or 10 guys. You pay a set price, they do the rest as far as deductions etc...

Easy as pie...

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

You might need to invest in something that will help you get the job done quicker. What or how are you getting the job done.:hammerhead:
  4. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same problem but I got a lawn sweeper on Craig's List this year. It has been a life saver and gotten the work done twice as fast. Pull it behind my Z-turn mower.
  5. gobblet

gobblet LawnSite Member

New'est equipment most powerful blowers,Zero and walkbehind and even cyclone rake at my 10 acre estate that takes 3 days. All accounts also have curbside leaf pick-up. And I only have 30 account.
  6. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

I stopped mowing and will start doing cleanups whenever these damn leaves finally fall. Myself and one other guy can only do two or three cleanups a day so there is noway to keep up weekly mowings this time of year. For the most part my customers are ok with this some have asked me to cut one last time. They will be charged almost triple for one last mowing. For you it looks like some of your customers fall cleanups will become spring cleanups. Pick the ones that will be more understanding and put them at the end of your list.
  7. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

I live in Pittsburgh as well, I live in the South Hills. If you really need help maybe we could arrange something. I have the perfect set-up for leaf removals. I got all the right equipment for a fast good looking job. If you are interested, Private message me. Thanks
  8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda makes the charge a premium rate sound right doesn't it. As stated, you may want to add some equipment to get the job done faster or change your technique. I am not saying you have to because I know nothing about you except that you are solo. What i am saying is that there are ways to do things and equipment that will definately speed up the process. If you are charging an adequate rate now, you may have to raise that rate to offset your equipment purchase but it will make you even more in the long run. Good Luck.