Can't keep up

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by kirk1701, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Teach123

Teach123 LawnSite Member

First, congrats on the rain. Here is Springfield, Illinois we are getting "drops" of rain while the towns north and south are getting measurable rain...sighhh.

You mentioned that the humidity has gone up. Should be happy with that! This is the first season where I can really tell how the humidity is helping. Temps are in the upper 90's but my turf is still so moist even after not applying irrigation for days. Probably gonna battle the diseases here soon though. It's a never ending war but that is what makes it so fun...right???

Keep up the fight...those tiny little plants love you for it!

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Watering in the day makes the ground moist. Dew makes the ground moist at night.

Having the lawn/ground wet/damp 24/7 provides the proper conditions for lawn diseases to thrive.

Best to water at night so the ground will be dry during the day and break the cycle for disease.

I water my lawn once a week. Auto timer starts at 12am and runs first zone for 15 min, other 8 zones for 1hr each. One deep watering and my lawn is not burning up.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I think Kirk should topdress with sand, its always moist under concrete. ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Watering in the day makes the ground moist. Dew makes the ground moist at night.

Having the lawn/ground wet/damp 24/7 provides the proper conditions for lawn diseases to thrive.

Best to water at night so the ground will be dry during the day and break the cycle for disease.

I water my lawn once a week. Auto timer starts at 12am and runs first zone for 15 min, other 8 zones for 1hr each. One deep watering and my lawn is not burning up.

5. suzook

suzook LawnSite Member

Ok' we got it the first time. Wtf?