1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can't Mow Another Lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffex, Apr 21, 2002.

1. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I ripped the signs of the trailer and feel like putting one up that says "NO" I can't cut another lawn!! It feels great to be maxed out. It seems like everyones husband has injured his back and can't cut the lawn. Time to raise prices!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Thats what I always figure, if I'm getting too busy I'm not charging enough.
  3. RoyaleRcr

RoyaleRcr LawnSite Member

I agree!, I was telling my wife the other day that I have only lost one bid do to price. I think I'm going to have to look in the mirror and say prices until I can't say them with a straight face. Then back off 5% and that will be my price. lol
  4. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

A mechanic friend of mine that owns his own shop that works on high-end cars mercedes, bmw, porshce told me to raise my prices and watch the customers fall. I have done that a little bit each year since then and wow what an awesome thing. I lost a 1200 mulching job on this past thursday, later that day i show up to a house that needs all kinds of work (sh*thole) talked to the contractor and told him 40-50 per man per hour. He said get started. So hopefully he can keep his word.
  5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

id give priority to the ones who dont just have injuries.
    most times these are short timers, as injuries heal..imho