Can't read PM's

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by KathysLGC, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I get this message

"Your administrator has disabled private messaging"

Any ideas?
    thanks.

2. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I get the same thing. Why would the admins. disable such a useful funtion? And do senders get the same message so they know they are not being ignored by the receipient.

3. horselady

horselady LawnSite Member

Glad to know I wasn't the only with this message!!! :blob3: :blob3:

4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Must of been some type of update that disabled it. I thought for a minute there I did something wrong....LoL

5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Same here.. I have a new PM.. so let's fix this so I can read it!!

Maybe they were trying to disable the useless "Reputation" crap but did the PM by mistake?

6. Ursushorribilus

Ursushorribilus LawnSite Member

Wow, I too am glad I wasn't the only one...I thought I'd done something wrong. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah, this they disable, but the stupid reputation points thing is still up and running!!!! It was nice to see some chickenshit called me an "assmunch" while leaving reputation points for me (and I don't know how to tell if it was a positive or negative point as I don't really care to follow the whole thing).

But it's anonymous so any coward can leave whatever they want. At least with PM, if someone has something to say to me, I can see who it's coming from!.

8. Avery

This is getting aggravating! I have a PM I cannot read and I get a note when I try to contact the admin. saying they have choosen not to receive e-mails. Also cannot PM them. What is up? Mods./admins.....any of you guys reading this thread?

9. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Please see this thread - the PM feature was not turned off by mistake - and reply to it if you have any question.

10. Avery

I am sure it was not by mistake. Kinda hard to do that. That thread is a day or so late. Should have been posted prior to turning them off. But then this site has a reputation for "Let's just do it and not tell the users about it." Guess it is more fun for you guys to watch us try to figure things out for ourselves. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.