1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can't stop spending money!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

At the beginning of the year I thought I had convinced myself to not make any major purchases this year... WRONG.

On Wednesday at 8:00am I will be picking up my new DC XT3200-72. I hope it's as good as most folks say it is!! :)
  2. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree! I thought I didn't anything bid either this year. Bought a new PG machine, trimmer & blower, and now looking at adding another mower due to volume and time constraints! Now I am considering an enclosed trailer! Need to stop spending!!!! My wife calls these things TOYS
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So far I am doing good this year...only bought a new aerator. But now one of my Stihl FS80's is going.
  4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

hehehehe its to easy to spend Iv only spent 4 k so far this year but I'm dropping another 18k in two more weeks then I can add in new truck soon I already need a 4th. And I can add in land cost and shop costs this looks to be a very expencive year.
  5. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I origianlly thought that this was going to be a tight budget year, but things have been going well and I am going to do some expanding soon....so I am going to spend a lot too.
  6. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

Ed and I bought our diesel exmark xp last year because we were bored :eek:

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Good choice with the 72" 32hp Generac, you'll especially love the fans on the spindles that keep the deck clean.
  8. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

If things keep going the way they are so far, im thinking of adding another Wright stander or maybe even a Vermeer stump grinder to the fleet. Glad to hear that everyone is having a decent season so far!

9. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

Low interest rates, more work - why not! I purchased 2 new Hustler mini Super z's (25hp/52"), a used Lesco gas powered spreader, a used Lesco Renovator, and just today had a Bobcat MT52 mini track loader with an auger head, two bits and a trencher attachment delivered to the shop! Quite overwhelming, as we are a small outfit, but our old Encore Z52's were slap wore out and we have been getting tired of renting a trencher for our irrigation installs and that Little MT52 is sooooo handy.

Question for you all: When we rent equipment, we generally pass the rental charge on to the customer. If you own your own specialty piece of equipment, how do you guys charge the customer? (in order to make payments; maintenance & wear on machine etc.)
  10. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I just bought a pole saw today. $600.00 but will make it back quick.

RTallday....what model grinder are you looking at? I have a sc502 and it is the way to go. Not to big but large enough for those big jobs. Been grinding for about 4 years now and still enjoy the work.