1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can't stress enough

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tez34, Jun 9, 2005.

1. tez34

tez34 LawnSite Member

:realmad: I can't stress enough to change the patterns every time you mow. I have taken over 5 new accounts this year where the guy mowed the same pattern every time for the last 2 years. The ruts are unbelievable. What a mess. Why do people do this?
  2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I change things up on most places but I do have two cutomers that have specified one direction only. I agree though, change it up whenever possible.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Could be because the idiots do not know any better :rolleyes:

On 2 accounts I have they have steep hills and you can only go one way saftely, luckily both areas are in back of properties...
  4. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Almost always change cut pattern every other cut. Only a few where I don't b/c of safety issues.
  5. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

I change the pattern as much as possible, just to avoid ruts. But I also like the way it looks when you change the pattern.
  6. tez34

tez34 LawnSite Member

I understand safety issues but this lawns are big, flat square yards. Thinking of rolling them but I think it might just take a while to get the ruts out.