can't use spell check.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by TClawn, Sep 5, 2004.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'm having some troubles with the new vbulliten. I can't use the spell check button or get in to some of the other features that have a pop up window, each time it says at the bottom of my computer that a pop-up window has been blocked, although, a can reply to threads.

2. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

This is post likely because you have a very restrictive pop up blocker installed on your computer, and the spell check, among other things, opens in a new window. Have you tried setting your pop up blocker to allow all pop ups from lawnsite.com, or disabling your pop up blocker? That should fix the problem.

3. TClawn

I tried allowing site pop-ups and that still did not work. I may just install a new pop-up blocker thats not so restrictive. any recomendations on which one I should install?

thanks.

4. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

I personally use the free Mozilla browser, which comes with an integrated pop-up blocker, and it does a great job. It is also safer than Internet Explorer, so you may want to consider switching:

+ http://www.mozilla.org/

If you only need a web browser (no need for an e-mail client), Firefox, found on the same site, would probably do the job for you.

If you prefer to keep Internet Explorer, I'll let others make suggestions, since I only use that browser for testing and therefore am not familiar with its add-ons.

5. TClawn

thanks a lot