Can't view all new posts

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PaulJ, Oct 6, 2004.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's the deal. I havn't been getting a chance to visit here as often. In the past I could just hit "view new post" and be able to go through all the pages of new posts unitl I hade checked them all. Sometimes up 20 pages. I could even disconect my internet but keep the page open and come back laster and still be able to view the rest of the list.
    since the change over to the new "look" I can't get past a few pages. I know I can't discontect and come back to view anything from the previouse list. It looses the search and comes up with "matches found". Then tonight I get to about page 6 and I get the " no matches found". But I was just viewing page 5.
    I really likes the view new post option in the past because could check for new posts in all forums at the same time then pick the ones I wanted to read. and even come back and read the rest later and know I handn't missed anything. It's not workign that way anymore. Is there a limit to how may pages a search can have now? Can you fix it? can I fix it? is there a way to manually search for all new posts?

Also I misss the old quick reply when you could just start typing in the reply window. Now we have to click somewhere.

2. PaulJ

Ok so I went back to the begining , hit " new posts" again and the search came back the same and I was able to view all 20 pages this time.
    What happpened the first time when it stopped at page 6?
    Any ideas?

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I am having the same problem.

If you take too long to read all the posts, the search expires. I don't even have to leave the site and if there are more than ~4 or 5 pages, the message"sorry, no matches ...." appears. A new search only finds post made since the last post.

4. PaulJ

It happened again. I've been away from alwnsite for a few days, go to the "new posts" button which is how I always read lawnsite and there are 17 pages of thread to look throu. I only get to page 4 and it cancels the search. What gives? I try going back to the home page and newposts again but just get a page of stuff from the past half hour. This does not work for me. Please fix this if you can or tell us how to manually search for All post from all users wiht in a given time frame. I tried but I wouldn't allow the search. I don't want to miss anything, but I can't get hear everyday like I used to. Help!

5. PaulJ

And it happended again!!!!! :realmad: :angry: :realmad: :angry:

6. PaulJ

I got through 12 pages of new posts tonight wihtout it reseting. Did you change somthing? Or did I just read faster?

7. PaulJ

I just realized that not one of the moderators or anyone connected with lawnsite has said anything in this thread. In fact exept for Tider's post I have just bn talking ot myself. Oh well,at least it's inteligent converstion!

8. PaulJ

back to the top. Still waiting for an answer mr. webmaster.

9. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

I would guess, as Tider mentioned, that the search is "timing out". Meaning you need to read faster, I guess.:)

How you read LS isn't how I do it, so I haven't had those problems. Generally I stay with one or three forums, not the entire site. I don't have time to stay up with the entire site!

Dan

10. PaulJ

I don't read all of the post but by the titles I can choose what looks interesting.
    I do like the pop-up window that shows the first few lines of the thread. It saves time in deciding if I want to look at the whole thing. I dind interesting stuff in most of the different forums so I like to use the "new posts" option. It's the easiest and fastest for me, or at least it was.

I still havn't gotten an answer from the lawnsite people about this.