can't waite

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by teddy bear, Feb 12, 2001.

1. teddy bear

teddy bear LawnSite Member

is anyone out there getting anxious whenever the temp. goes above 61 degrees. I know I am i keep going outside and looking at my eqpt. and gripping the handles in anticipation

2. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I have spring fever so bad. I get anxious when it even gets in the 40's, It was in the 60's last week and it drove me nuts. I am rearing to go.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

It's been in the 80's here, but no rain. Bummer. I did get a call today to do a "spruce up" on a house that is for sale. I also cut two(count them, two) lawns today.LOL We need rain sooooooooooo bad!

4. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

I've been extremely lucky all winter long..I've not worked every day, but I've averaged at least 3 days a week...Right now it's raining alot but I'm going tomorrow to give estimates on 25 yards...A guy is going out of business and he wants me to take them over...When it quits raining, I've got 30 fertilizations to do, 40-50 mulch jobs, and 4 lawn installs...I should be busy from here on out...Good luck and happy mowing..Derrick

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Got about 6 or 7 weeks here guys. It'll go fast enough I think. Sat out in the garage the other night on the Lazer, smoked a cigar and dreamed of the firing of the motor. Getting excited!:D

Randy

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

A thaw would be nice. We have had continuous snow cover since mid-December. Which means not much frost so once the snow melts the lawns will green up fast.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

SO IM NOT THE ONLY ONE? thought i was nuts! i cant wait to get out and bust my a** in someones yard, work my self to death in the heat and humidity for some price quibbling unapreciative nagging customer, dig my fingers into some hot mulch that smells like, u know what, and u know the rest. think i need help, i cant wait either. BOB

8. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, I get a litle antsy this time of year. About 1/2 of my customers have had a partial or full spring cleanup already. While I anticipate getting back into working and taking off the winter weight gain, I am a little apprensive to go, I kinda like the partial work week/ days but my mood is changing though,as my pager is going off almost every day with the nice weather we have been having. My wife says she has not gotten all the work done around the house yet and is nervous that some of it will not get done before I start to get real busy.