capacity in my f150?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Tastroh, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Tastroh

Tastroh LawnSite Member

I have a '99 f-150, 2x4, 6 cyl. I am putting in a patio and was wondering how much paver (weight) can i haul at a time. does anyone know roughly?:confused:

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

you'd be better off using a trailer, you can probably tow 5,000 lbs, including the weight of the trailer. cause your payload in the bed is only 1,000 lbs.

3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

just show you know a pallet of belgard pavers weighs in at around 3200# so if you need a bunch get delivery

4. Fatboy

Fatboy LawnSite Member

Check the sticker on the drivers door frame for your truck's weight capacity. Also check the load ratings of the tires on the sidewall and don't exceed the total amount of all the tires.
    It may help to weigh the truck at a truckstop to give you an idea of the empty weight so you will know how much load can be hauled in the bed.
    Like said before a trailer is your best bet to be able to haul a useful load of materials.

FatBoy

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

USe a trailer or get delivery!!!

6. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

hey, get delivery. My local vendor charges $50 for what ever amount i get. But hey, if you are the guy my wife and I saw leaving home depot this weekend, then you can get an 3,400lb pallet of retaining wall units in the back of a dodge dakota pickup. needless to say his hitch was inches from the ground and his axle was minutes away from breaking.

7. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

To actually answer your question, you can probably haul around 2,000 lbs. without being insanely overloaded. Other guys have made good points, however, Lowes or Home Depot will deliver an entire semi truck load of pavers for around 50 bucks, and the driver will put the pallets wherever his forklift will fit.

8. cet

cet LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I was taught that a 1/2 ton is rated for 1/2 ton/axle, so 2,000lbs. Do people think that a 1 ton truck will only carry 2,000lbs legal, it is more like 4,000lbs for a regular cab truck.