Capital needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by luckyduck, Aug 29, 2004.

1. luckyduck

luckyduck LawnSite Member

how much money do you guys all believe is needed in the bank after buying all equipment?

2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I did it with 5 k in the bank and it was tight as hell our first month was cutting it real close but we had employees from day one if you go solo you can cut it even closer if you dare.

3. luckyduck

luckyduck LawnSite Member

i am going to be working solo. The only expenses i see Me having to pay would basically be gas and money for repairs if needed or refunds( dont know why i would have to). Am i missing anything?

Consider this, i am sill a highschooler

4. lawnmowermannh

lawnmowermannh LawnSite Member

liabilty insuriance! It's a good piece of mind.

5. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

I started out with thiunk about the same 5k i agree it was tough as hell. and then i some how got accepted for a grant and the next week a 27k check came in the mail and it never has to be repaid. So try to get as much as you can in bank but look into grant info. It will be worth it

6. adam underwood

adam underwood LawnSite Member

let us in on this grant secret. how can i get 27 large? where should i be looking? how do you become eligable?
    thanks

7. firststarkid

firststarkid LawnSite Member

I dont know if you have ever seen the Small Business Magazines in grocery store or some place like that. I bought one of those to read that Landscape Lighting feature on it and look in that back and seen a big AD for Free Money never have to pay back from 10k through 250k so i called the number sent them a dollar they sent me an application so i filled it out sent them another 39.95 and two months later i got a check for 27k. I loved it i went from a 1979 Chevy truck to a brand new F!50.

8. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

I have this magazine i found in a store that states i can start a LC business for just 500 to 1000$$$, I don't see how this is possible , and they don't say how this is done. But I know Id sher like to know, do you ????
    her's the magazine www.sbomag.com

9. adam underwood

adam underwood LawnSite Member

is there a website or something that you know of that i could check this out at?

10. dmc337

dmc337 LawnSite Member

I found many websites just by searching "government grants". Many of them require you to send money for their 'proven' methods. I would really like to know what EXACTLY was required in the application process, or even if the company you contacted had a money back guarantee. This may be a great help to those of us who can qualify for this 'free money'.